Our name is our promise to you.
Coffee Anthropology describes the cultural space that is created when diverse people and beautiful space come together with delicious food and exquisite coffee. It’s this ethos that underpins all that we do.
At Folk Cafe quality and ethics are the core of our offering. So why are we different?
- All of the eggs and chicken used in our meals are free range
- Our beef burger patties are hand made with grass fed beef
- We use only recyclable and biodegradable packaging in store
- We support local producers wherever we can
- Our coffee roastery sources green beans from free trade and rainforest alliance registered suppliers
- We bake all of our pastries and cakes ourselves (the carrot cake is famous!)
- Our bar boasts wine, beer & gin from some of the best local producers
- We use 100% virgin olive oil to prepare food
- we focus on general health and balance in recipe development and aim to minimise unnecessary fats, salt, flavourants, colourants and preservatives
Coffee distribution and wholesale solutions.
Folk coffee is the Cape Town based distributor for Espresso Concepts coffee and Iberital, Jura and La marzocco Espresso Machines. The brand was born from the cafe and eatery in Bree street, and as such we have an inside insight into the needs and expectations of our customers. We have broken the mould of the traditional coffee supplier by recognising that our customers require a coffee bar solution as well as a phenomenal coffee. What does this mean? We are able to supply you with any and all of the best quality products and equipment that you may require in your coffee bar.
- Exceptional coffee
- Iberital espresso machines and equipment
- Second hand espresso machines and equipment
- Domestic & artisan coffee brewing equipment
- Professional equipment installation
- Hot chocolates, chai frappe, rooibos espresso
- Coffee syrups
- Take away packaging
- Crockery and cutlery
- Dilmah tea
- On and off site training for your staff that can be tailored to experience levels.
- Consultation on the installation and set up of your coffee bar
- A Technical and service department that ensures professional installations and that you have no disruption to service because of faulty equipment
- Equipment and barista hire for private functions